Improve the safety and productivity of the industrial work environment, establish a collaborative work atmosphere with our customers and colleagues, and maintain high integrity in all relationships.
- HCS recently presented ASM® research at the 12th Global Congress on Process Safety in Houston on process safety metrics for human reliability, based on meta-analysis of more than 40 incident reports.
- HCS completed a workload study in the second quarter for a pipeline company, as part of their overall DOT PHMSA Control Room Management program.
- John Craik is celebrating his 1-year anniversary with Human Centered Solutions, having brought more than 20 years of plant experience with him to HCS.
Our team has a broad range of skills and experience, enabling us to provide each client with a customized scope of work unique to their requirements.
Our vision is to dramatically transform the nature of plant operations, improve the effectiveness of the business, and enhance the quality of life of the people who staff it.
Common in all of our work is the application of our knowledge of human factors, plant operations, industry standards, effective practices, regulatory requirements, and lessons learned from active research with the ASM Consortium as well as from incidents and near misses reports in the process industries.
What We Do
Human Centered Solutions is a human factors consulting company with expertise in developing solutions that address human needs and capabilities in the workplace.
Our core competency is the application of human factors principles and human-centered design methodologies to optimize the influence of culture, organizational structures, management systems and use of technology on operator and plant performance.
With our active involvement in ASM Consortium research, we also pioneer advances in effective application design and operations practices that we transition into the plant operations environment.
Recent ASM Activity
HCS is an active leader in the ASM Consortium Program.
HCS partners performed significant roles in recent ASM research:
- Improving safety culture: Effective first-line supervision (pdf).
- Identifying & developing ASM competencies:
Situation awareness and overview displays (pdf).
Improving operator alarm flood responses (pdf).
- Identifying best practices for alarm rationalization
For more information on these projects or the ASM Consortium, please contact us.