Improve the safety and productivity of the industrial work environment, establish a collaborative work atmosphere with our customers and colleagues, and maintain high integrity in all relationships.
- John Craik is celebrating his 3-year anniversary with Human Centered Solutions and promotion to Full Partner. John brings more than 20 years of Operations experience with him to HCS.
- HCS completed an extensive DCS HMI implementation project that deployed a full ASM solution, integrating the existing legacy DCS and SIS with the DCS vendor’s latest generation DCS and SIS, producing a transparent HMI for the console operators.
- Peter Bullemer and Dal Vernon Reising were invited instructors for the second year in a row for the Human & Organizational Factors course hosted by the Delta Process Academy in Antwerp.
- HCS has been completing several extensive alarm rationalization projects for multiple refineries in North America using ASM methodologies that reduce the time required of site personnel.
Our team has a broad range of skills and experience, enabling us to provide each client with a customized scope of work unique to their requirements.
Our vision is to dramatically transform the nature of plant operations, improve the effectiveness of the business, and enhance the quality of life of the people who staff it.
Common in all of our work is the application of our knowledge of human factors, plant operations, industry standards, effective practices, regulatory requirements, and lessons learned from active research with the ASM Consortium as well as from incidents and near misses reports in the process industries.
What We Do
Human Centered Solutions is a human factors consulting company with expertise in developing solutions that address human needs and capabilities in the workplace.
Our core competency is the application of human factors principles and human-centered design methodologies to optimize the influence of culture, organizational structures, management systems and use of technology on operator and plant performance.
With our active involvement in ASM Consortium research, we also pioneer advances in effective application design and operations practices that we transition into the plant operations environment.
Recent ASM Activity
HCS is an active leader in the ASM Consortium Program.
HCS partners performed significant roles in recent ASM research:
- Improving safety culture: Effective first-line supervision (pdf).
- Identifying & developing ASM competencies:
Situation awareness and overview displays (pdf).
Improving operator alarm flood responses (pdf).
- Identifying best practices for alarm rationalization
For more information on these projects or the ASM Consortium, please contact us.